For more than 90 years Janome has provided sewing machines for customers around the world. Their durability and constant innovations in technology are the staples in their long-standing in the sewing community. As each new design makes its way to the market, Janome’s speed, and efficiency increase. The unique round bobbin design resembled the eye of a snake. This innovation led to the name Janome, which means the eye of the snake in Japanese. Here are three of their highly rated machines.
On the outside, the Janome DC2015 offers a unique look much different than comparable sewing machines. Its red and white shell presents a striking appearance. The sleek design stops the shopper in their tracks while its snake-like charm reels them in to take a closer look.
With sewing machines, needle positioning is important. The DC2015 has a finer-grain with more available positions than the typical right, left, and middle.
Some of its key features are:
- An LED screen allowing easy key navigation
- Speed slider control
- 60 stitches built-in
- A bobbin and winder easy to set
- A locking stitch button
- An array of accessories including 7 presser feet
- Well balanced
- Quieter than many models
- Even stitches
- Manages thick fabrics well
- Large LED screen
- Fewer popular stitches
- Heavier than other models weight 18.2 pounds
Janome New Home 720
This pint-sized sewing machine proves perfect for both the beginning and the seasoned user. Its three-quarter size works for smaller to medium projects. Users will find this model great for transporting to and from classes.
The 720 is a welcome model to the user switching from a manual to a computer controlled machine. There is no need for a foot pedal, the start-stop button works in its place.
Some key features are:
- LED lit sewing area
- Sews 650 stitches a minute
- Speed controller
- Built-in needle threader
- A generous accessory package
- Clean stitching and perfect for curtains and pillowcases
- Lightweight design
- Easy to use for beginners
- Compact and easy to store
- Can sew through several layers of fabric
- Not ideal for quilting due to its small workspace
- Expensive compared to other compact models
Janome DC 5100
This eye-catching pink and white model is not only pleasing to the eye but easy to use despite all its features. The sturdiness of the DC 5100 is perfect for advanced users who want to take their creativity to a higher level.
The high-powered sewing machine handles the biggest tasks with precision and speed. Its versatility is a welcoming site to the user looking for a high-end model. The DC 5100 is the perfect model for the serious user.
Some of the features are:
- Multilingual settings
- Touchpad LCD screen
- Automatic needle threader
- A thorough instruction manual outlining each of its features
- Ease of use
- Smooth sewing at higher speeds
- Electronic memory to store modified stitches
- An expansive accessory package for every sewing style
- Sensitive settings making button work difficult if not familiar with the model
Janome Sewing Company has proven time after time why they’ve been in the sewing business for close to a century. No matter what your sewing needs, Janome has a model to work on each project with a smile. The company stands behind each sewing machine with an extensive warranty. This type of peace of mind helps each user stand behind their work turning them to life-long customers.